All hires must be the age of 20 and above with a valid CDL (Competent Driving License) but please be informed that driver age 19 to 20 may only drive selected car models. For drivers aged 21 and above, there are no driving restrictions on the type of cars.
Only the basic requirements needed to rent a car according to Malaysian law, which in this case are a valid Malaysian driving license and NRIC.
You will also need to present your IC (or Passport) upon picking up the car.
If you are a foreigner, you must meet the conditions below to rent with MKAZ:
- 20 years old or above
- 1 years of driving experience or more
- Have an existing International Driver License (IDL) even if your domestic driver’s license is dated less than a year.
If you have a different type of permit, please submit a photocopy of your driver’s license permit via the booking under “book as customer>driving license”
Unfortunately, we only accept Competent Driving License (CDL) at the moment as your safety is our top priority and our insurance covers CDL drivers at the moment. However, you may check the status of your licence on JPJ’s website.
- Driving Experience Certificate Issuing Authority (PC only) – Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia ▷ http://www.jpj.gov.my
The one who registered with MKAZ using his/her IC and driving license is only allowed to use and drive MKAZ. Any third party is not allowed to use and drive as if you let them drive and use MKAZ’s car you will be charged RM300 for the unregistered driver. Please take note on this matter, as there will be no refund for the penalty charges.
You will receive your confirmation email after placing a reservation. Kindly make payment within timeframe, if not your temporary reservation will be released. Reservations are not confirmed until you have received a confirmation mail with a payment voucher.
If you want to extend the rental, please contact us as soon as possible. At the latest, this should be before the end date and time on your rental agreement. Extra days will be charged at “pay at location” prices subject to numbers of days you want to extend the rental. Your full authorization will be updated to include any anticipated additional cost-and you will need to use the same payment card you used for the original full authorization. You may need to go into the rental location to sign a new rental agreement and/or provide an additional payment card for the full authorization.
Late return charges may vary depending on which car you rented. Maximum of 5hours will only be accepted for late return. Below are the prices of late charge.
Type of Vehicle
Late Return Fee/Hour
Perodua Axia, Perodua Myvi 1.3 , Perodua Myvi 1.5, New Perodua Myvi, Perodua Bezza, Proton Saga
Toyota Vios/Honda City
- You didn’t inform us about your cancellation (less than 24 hours) prior to your pick-up time.
- You failed to provide an actual driver to collect the car.
- You failed to arrive at the specified time and date to pick-up your car.
Starting on 1st January 2020, MKAZ practices a cashless payment. Cashless is a non physical money accepted. You can use your credit or debit (VISA/MASTER) card to make payment on mkaz’s website.
Under the payment site, you can choose to pay 50% from your total reservation or you may pay in full. If you choose to pay 50% from your total amount of reservation, we will charge your card for the remaining balance before or upon pickup the car. You must ensure you have a sufficient balance in order for us to charge your card. We will not hand over the rental vehicle to you if you have an outstanding balance with MKAZ.
You can check with our reservation team by dropping your enquiry on our Live Chat or alternatively you should contact your bank to inform you of this error.
We require 8 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled rental date; otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below.
Normal operation season:
- Full refund of your reservation payment if you cancel or make any changes 8 days prior to your scheduled rental date.
- 40% of your total amount of your reservation payment will be charged if you cancel or make any changes from 2 to 7 days prior to your scheduled rental date.
- 100% of your total amount of your reservation payment will be charged if you cancel or make any changes 1 day (24hours) before your scheduled rental date or no show on the arrival date.
For peak season and festive (applicable to all Public Holiday in Malaysia):
- 100% from your total amount of your reservation payment will be charged if you cancel or make any changes from 1 to 7 days prior to your scheduled rental date.
We will only transfer your remittance using Western Union or bank account or paypal account. Cash refunds are not available. Please be ready to provide us with your details should you wish to cancel.
For full refund and 40% cancellation charges, renter whom a non-Malaysian bank account holder is always liable for any payment transaction fee that may be incurred for refund processing. MKAZ will advise hirer on charges following current exchange rates.
Delivery / Collection Services
You can refer to Booking on our website, under Step 1-Dates, you can see the pickup location. There are a number of locations you can choose. Delivery charge is subject to distance, accessibility of the destination and time of day.
In any condition, you choose to change the location from the original agreement; additional cost may incur depending on your location.
You must give us at least one day’s notice to organize delivery. We may be able to deliver at a shorter notice, but you will need to check with the Reservation Team.
Trip Care 360 Takaful provides benefits to the covered person on the occurrence of specific events that may arise during domestic or international travel, for business or leisure. It includes death or permanent disability due to accident, medical expenses arising due to accident or illness, various travel inconveniences, losses or damages to baggage and/or personal effects, personal liability, and emergency services. The covered person may also choose to participate in an additional benefit, which extends the coverage when the covered person participates in the adventurous activities.
For more information , you may click this link BROCHURE.
To Purchase On a Web Please Click This Link Buy-Travel Insurance.
*All Information Are Owned By Etiqa*
MKAZ are always encouraging our hirer to purchase travel insurance when travelling. Travel insurance may protect you from personal body injury and death if an accident happens.
Collision Damage Waiver CDW
Collision Damage Waiver is the term used in the car hire industry to indicate whether the rental car is covered for the cost of repairs in the event of damage (usually excess will apply).
All vehicles are fully insured with standard motor vehicle policy. However the hirer is always liable for an amount equivalent to the excess clause not exceeding MYR2,500 (Group A), MYR3,000 (Group B), MYR3,500 (Group C), MYR5,500 (Group D), MYR7,000 (Group E) and MYR8,500 (Group F). This covers the cost of repairs or replacement for any damage to MKAZ’s vehicle.
By purchasing Collision Damage Waiver, hirers can reduce the excess liability to minimal. For example, should Hirer intentionally or unintentionally causes damage to MKAZ vehicle, hirer is liable to pay the excess which can be reduced as per detailed below:-
MYR 1,000 (Group A), MYR 1,500 (Group B), MYR 2,000 (Group C), MYR 3,000 (Group D), MYR 4,000 (Group E) and MYR 5,000 (Group F).
|Type Of Vehicle|
Perodua Axia 1.0, Perodua Myvi 1.3, Proton Saga VVT 1.3
Perodua Myvi 1.5, Perodua Myvi 1.5 2019, Perodua Bezza 1.3
Perodua Alza 1.5, Proton Exora 1.6, Toyota Vios 1.5, Honda City 1.5
Toyota Hiace 2.5, Toyota Hilux 2.5, Toyota Camry 2.5
Hyundai Starex 2.5
Toyota Vellfire 2.5
CDW will only be effective subject to availability of police report and acceptance by the Insurance Company as provided in the policy. However, our customer cannot eliminate the excess completely.
No. All insurance and excess protection does not apply for damage or lost due to careless action, negligence, illegal or improper use of the vehicle. The insurance and excess protection also not cover for missing items or accessories or damages, tyre punctures, burst tyres, fuel errors, battery damage because of forgotten turned off electrical devices and loss or damage to the vehicle accessories.
You can purchase our Collision Damage Waiver on our website. You can go to booking, under step 4, you can see the price of Collision Damage Waiver. The price may vary depending on the type of vehicle classes.
You can also refer to vehicle information to see what type of class for each of the car you would like to rent.
Accident Car Replacement
Should you wish to have a car replacement, you must agree to bear all cost of replacement including new rental car, delivery charges or any other cost applied to MKAZ for delivering the car to you.
Yes, you may purchase an accident car replacement (third party) waiver to cover all types of replacement cost which is needed if you is hit by the third party. Under this Accident Car Replacement Waiver, what will be cover by this waiver is
• The full cost of replacing the car
For replacement car, MKAZ may offer any type of car depending on the booking schedule whichever is still available. The replacement car may not be the same color, brand, model or engine capacity (CC).
Does it mean I do not have to pay for the accident charges also?
For the above clause,the accident penalty will not be imposed only and if the hirer did not find guilty of making such an accident to happen with the third party driver. This clause is only valid and applicable to when the police result report shows that the hirer is not found guilty for such offense.
There is an option for a child seat under the add ons section. Additional charges will be included in your booking invoice. You can refer to booking, under Step 4, there is an option to choose a car seat.
Car seats are subject to availability. We practice first come first serve customers in order for them to book for child seat.
Windscreen Protection Waiver
Should you intentionally or unintentionally cause damage to the windscreen, hirers are always liable for all cost of replacing or repairing windscreen to the original condition.
MKAZ will advise the hirer on the cost of damages once MKAZ are satisfied with the cause of the incident. Failure to inform MKAZ may result in additional penalty charges.
It is agreed that MKAZ will advise customers on the existing damages in MKAZ’s car before handing it over to the customer. In the event, the windscreen happens to a bigger crack MKAZ reserve the right to charge the hirer full cost of replacing the new windscreen.
Type Of Car
Minor Windscreen Damage Charges
Major Windscreen Damage Charges
Perodua Myvi 1.3
Perodua Myvi 1.5
Myvi 1.5 (New)
Perodua Axia 1.0
Perodua Bezza 1.3
Proton Saga VVT 1.3
Toyota Vios 1.5
Perodua Alza 1.5
Proton Exora 1.6
Toyota Vellfire 2.4
Toyota Vellfire 2.5
Toyota Hilux (New)
Rates do not include smart tag and touch n go. Generally, all tolls and highways in Malaysia practice cashless payment. No cash is accepted. To smoothen the journey, the employer has the option to rent a smart tag with MKAZ. You can go to ‘Booking’, under step 4-equipment and services, there is option to purchase rental of Smart Tag.
There is a penalty amount of RM200 for any missing, lost or stolen Smart Tag. Hirer is responsible for taking good care of our smart tag device for the convenience of our entire customer.
Yes. All our smart tag devices are sensitive infrared devices. Hirers must ensure to keep smart tag in a safe place, not to break the smart tag and return it as the original condition given to you.
guideline to accident, breakdown & other damage
- Stay calm and do not panic. If you hear and feel a strong, rhythmic thumping or flapping sound, and the steering may start to feel vague and heavy. You need to pull over to the side of the road safely as soon as you can.
- Turn your hazard light. Your hazard lights or “flashers” will help other drivers see you on the side of the road. To avoid an accident, turn them on as soon as you realize you need to pull over.
- Change the flat tyre using replacement tyre inside the car boot.
- Do drive slowly and carefully and stop somewhere nearby to local tyre repair centre. Once you reach there, please give us a call.
- Be aware that if you drive it using replacement for a long journey, the tyre will almost certainly be damaged beyond repair.
- Contact us for an assistance
- In the event windscreen has a minor damage,you may continue your journey as normal.
- Kindly assist to monitor the cracks, it is get worsen, please inform us immediately
- In the event major cracks or broken to MKAZ’s rental car windscreen, please contact us as soon as possible.
Every car can be susceptible to a breakdown under the right conditions. Breakdowns don’t just happen to older vehicles, also being common with new vehicles.
If you hear and feel a strong, rhythmic thumping or flapping sound, rise in temperature and feel unsafe to drive . You need to pull over to the side of the road safely as soon as you can.
- Please notify us of your current situation. We will then assist to help you.
- Make sure every participant in the accident is safe and check all involved cars to see the extent of the damage.
- If car is driveable, please continue your journey as usual.
- In the event you hit the other driver or being hit by a car , please notify us as soon as possible.
- You will then required to sent a photo or video of your accident.
- Make sure every participant in the accident is safe and check all involved cars to see the extent of the damage.
- Ensure that your car’s engine isn’t running, as this could be an additional hazard.
- In the event of accident happen, please call our emergency call centre immediately at 018-2364401. Mkaz has its own appointed insurance assistance, should you been approached by road assistant or towing agent,please do not proceed in dealing anything.
- Failure to do this may subject your agreement to void and you will be liable for any cost of accident incurred.